ARTISTIC SKILLS, CREATIVITY, AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Music lessons for children and adults: In our music school, children and adults fill half and half of our schedule. Everyone is welcome from 6 to +100 years old. How does that work? We explain it on the next bullet point.
- Personalized program for beginner and advanced musicians: Due to the diversity in our students, we design a specific and individual program for each of them. We tend to guide kids on their discovery path. If you are an adult, you can decide which path you would like to follow and let us help you achieve your goals while we show you other possibilities as well. Beginners start with the basics of music playing and advanced players enjoy our expertise to achieve specific technical goals or improve their creativity, musicality, and team-work. Our teachers make arrangements for songs you would like to play in the case that sheet music is not available in our music school.
- Fun and empathetic environment: We are here to have a good time and become creative and smart people. Teachers learn from students and stay at the same personal level. Being hard in music lessons has proven ineffective over the years. We will push you to your limits if you want to achieve an outstanding level, but always with empathy and kindness.
- Cross-genre experience: Our teachers have performed in different musical contexts such as Tomorrowland or the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. This is embodied in our lessons and other music school activities.
- Flexibility: Lessons at our studio in Utrecht, or online from wherever you are.
- All students and teachers improvise: Entering the flow state through improvisation will bring your creativity to the next level.
- Instrument rental: No instrument? No problem! Rent one of our instruments from 25€ p/m.
- Technology oriented: Recording, playing with a loop station, or producing your own music are common activities in our lessons.
And you can do much more than just having music lessons in Utrecht center. In our community, teachers and students collaborate and create interdisciplinary projects such as collective lessons, jam sessions, workshops, and concerts… Join us!
MUSIC LESSONS IN THE HEART OF UTRECHT
Bom-B Music's Blog
At Bom-B Music we are already enjoying the summer vacation and surviving the Heat wave we have now in Europe! However, we are still busy preparing and organizing all the logistics so that the coming school year develops in the best possible way. Throughout this year, our piano teacher, Ayla, ended up filling up with […]
During our musical education, we have encountered a diverse range of experiences that have left a lasting impact on us. Reflecting upon those years spent at the conservatory, we will always remember that period with great fondness for all the learning and the transformative influence that has shaped us into the musicians we are today. […]
The upcoming school year is full of very exciting changes at Bom-B Music. One of them is that we have expanded our team of dedicated instructors, and included guitar lessons in our offer of music lessons. We’re delighted to welcome Simone Catania as our newest guitar teacher! With Simone’s exceptional skills and passion for music, […]
Last Saturday we celebrated the traditional Utrecht Pride Parade that crosses along the Oudegracht. The center of Utrecht was filled with good vibes, bursts of colors, festive music, and, most importantly, inclusiveness and acceptance. The celebration we held at the academy was one of the most iconic moments at Bom-B Music this year. We couldn’t […]
WHAT DO OUR STUDENTS SAY?
OUR CORE VALUES
Open-mindedness and creativity
We believe in discovering different music styles and genres, learn what makes them unique and why people like it. Also, creating music from different sources and cultures help us grow both musically and personally.
Collaboration instead of competition
We dream of a world in which competitions, talent shows, and skill contests stay far away from art. Instead, collaborations and team work is highly encouraged.
Addressing issues and not running away from them
Being a skill issue or a social disagreement, we are here to help, hear what you have to say, and find what is best for everyone.
Quality and empathy
Improving and becoming a better musician is very important. But so is how we feel in the process. Creating a safe environment is the key to artistic development.
Humbleness and support
We actively look for what can be done better and tell what others do well or what can be improved. Always with respect and a positive attitude.
Being an example
Nothing of the previously stated would make sense if our team cannot express these values in our daily behavior. Towards kids or adults, it is our task to be the example of the society we dream of.
Music lessons in Utrecht for internationals and locals
Bom-B Music is an International music school. We aim to connect people from all over the globe to communicate and express through music. Therefore, the standard language is English, although we teach in Dutch and Spanish as well.
Does all this resonate with you? Then, this is your music school. We are looking forward to meeting you or your kid!
WE LOVE TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH OUR PEOPLE